Homemade Egg Nog
EquipmentTop of Oven
Measuring cups and spoons
Wire wisk or fork
Large Sauce pan
1. Place a large saucepan over very low heat.
2. Put the cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla, cloves and milk in the saucepan.
3. Heat milk about 5 minutes bringing to a boil very slowly.
4. Whisk together egg yolks and sugar in a large mixing bowl. Egg mixture should become fluffy.
5. Slowly whisk milk mixture into the eggs until blended well.
6. Place egg milk mixture back into the saucepan. Being sure not to allow the mixture to boil and stirring continuously, cook mixture over medium low heat for approximately 3 minutes or until mixture thickens.
7. Once the mixture thickens remove cloves.
8. Let mixture set and cool for about 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
9. Once mixture has cooled stir in 2 teaspoons of vanilla, cream and nutmeg and blend well.
10. Cover and refrigerate overnight. When ready to serve sprinkle nutmeg over the top.